SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

rude dealers..... I'm floored!!!

14 years ago

I just wanted to share a frustration with you all and see what you thought. I am looking to buy a new sewing machine, but there's only one model I want. I called a 9 dealers this morning and I was surprised at the responses I got. I asked if they sold the machine I wanted (Brother PC 420) and one lady actually said, "No. That's Wal-mart brand!" Another started laughing and actually hung up on me! The rest said no, but were very nasty about it and didn't suggest an alternative machine that they do sell. I thought with this economy that people would be wanting business. It's not like I want to buy a 99 dollar toy.... I want to spend 500 dollars! The machine I want has glowing reviews, and I can't believe the attitude of some people just because it doesn't have the Pfaff or Bernina name stamped on it!

Ebay here I come. I'm done with dealers! I've see the same thing in the vacuum world too since I collect them... lots of dealers won't even talk to you if you don't want to plunk down close to 1000 dollars for a Miele or Riccar (though awesome machines, the markup is huge and there are equal machines at lesser prices!).

Well, thanks for listening. I'm not mad that the dealers don't carry Brother (even some Baby Loc machines are re-bagged Brothers), they can carry whatever they want, but that snobby attitude certainly put me off!

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals
More Discussions