SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2littlefishies

Choosing Pendants (thoughts?) & our Final Plan!

2LittleFishies
12 years ago

OK, back to lighting. Right now I'm still thinking the 18" wide drum pendants, but hope they are not too big of a statement. They seem quite wide and the fact that they are opaque... Any light will be out bottom and top it seems. The island is 9' x 4'. White with walnut top. The perimeter lower cabs are yellow with Imperial Danby Marble countertops and white uppers. The kitchen area is 16' x 16'.

With my new fabrics & Corelle dishes (great with the kids)-- Danby Marble perimeter, Walnut Island:

I also saw this Thomasville light at Ferguson that I really like. It has bubble or seeded glass around it.

I know many of you liked the schoolhouse lights with the yellow bands that I posted last time but I just don't love them. I'm trying to think of my "vision". I thought "cottagey" to some extent but also a bit of OTK meets YELLOW. I'm not crazy about the industrial lighting that I see a lot of but the Thomasville lights seems to give some of that vibe with being a little less cold IMO & I love the glass around them.

Whaddaya think?

Inspiration photos again:

Hawthorne Yellow, Imperial Danby, Walnut

I am not doing beadboard backsplash however, nor open shelving. I will have some glass cabs and will either line the backs with a similar wallpaper to my inspiration photo OR do fabric panels using the yellow/gray fabrics above.

*Ignore the windows & fridge. Also adding more glass uppers to the "L":

And for those of you who missed the plan we are going with for first floor reno:

We did decide to move basement stairs which opens up LR a bit more and put french doors in between the LR and DR. They will slide however. There is a french fixed panel on either side of each door.

Comments (33)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH