SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maryellenr_gw

Lighting over Island/Table & Snack Bar

maryellenr
14 years ago

Ok. So got a few things to 'throw at cha'

All my new cabinets are in, I need to figure out how my lighting is going to go in my newly renovated kitchen. Contractor is going to put a can light above the sink, and the rest of everything is up to me. The mistake I made (or maybe not a mistake) was to buy my main light fixtures before this renovation was even started. I got excited and ordered them on Lamps Plus.com. Not sure if I'm totally crazy about them, but the shipping will be very expensive to ship them back and I believe I can make them work nicely.

The first area I need help on is the Island/Table area. It is roughly a total of 100 inches long or a little over 8 feet. These are the fixtures that I have purchased and I am wondering how I should position them. My guess is to put the chandelier in the middle and the pendants on each side. Need some input.

I also need to find some mini pendants for the snack bar area, but my contractor has told me that the top part that attaches to the ceiling needs to be VERY small, like 3-4 inches in diameter - I don't see this measurement included in the specifications on the pendant lighting, just the diameter for the actual light that hangs down. HELP!!!!

The URL link that I am including is the chandelier. Measurements are as follows: 28" high, 26" wide

The mini pendant is 8" wide and adjusts to 53" high.

Need some opinions on how this will look, if anyone has the same type of set up and if you can send me pictures I would be SO grateful!!!!!! Thank you :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Lampsplus.com

Comment