SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deejavu

Cost of new Patio Sliding Glass Doors! Oh no!

deejavu
17 years ago

Hi all,

I just had major construction done to my house in order to make an apartment legal. Well, the new entrance is the sliding glass doors to this apartment and guess what? The ones that are installed now (Guardian) need to be reversed because the door that slides open goes straight to the kitchen cabinets and a person can't get in!

I had a professional come over to see if they could be reversed and he told me "no way". He said I have to buy new patio sliding glass doors and the cost would be $1800 including installation. I am just shocked. I spent most of my money on the construction and I did not expect this surprise.

I am wondering if I have any other options? I can't put a new door or entrance into this apartment because the way it's set up.

How I am supposed to rent it if a person can't get inside? I really don't know what to do.

Just anyone have any ideas? This professional window guy told me that "if" my existing doors were Anderson, they could be reversed, but because they are Guardian (old), they can not.

Please help,

Denise

Comments (6)