SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cheri127_gw

I hate my kitchen lighting. Advice please!

cheri127
14 years ago

Boy, did I screw this one up big time! For some reason, when I ordered the lights from the electrician I told him I wanted directional recessed lights, which he installed. I don't know the brand but they are 4", low voltage, with 50W halogen lamps. The bulbs aren't recessed (DUH...they're directional; what was I thinking?) so there's lots of glare at the ceiling, but not enough light in the room. Or maybe the the light is too yellow. Whatever, it seems dull. I'm used to 6" cans with 100W bulbs...very bright! I was going to try to live with these, but I REALLY hate them. One saving factor is the hanging fixture in the middle of the room which can take a 200W bulb.

Unfortunately, I fired my contractor last month (long, long story) and am finishing this project on my own, so I'm not sure where to turn for lighting advice. Can anyone help me find a better solution or tell me how to find a lighting professional? The kitchen is 10' x 16' and has 10 recessed cans and one hanging fixture. Thanks.

Comments (3)