SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
advertguy2

Cabinet Spacing at Range and Dishwasher

13 years ago

Hi,

I'm currently installing my cabinets and have a few quick questions that I really should have figured out earlier.

First one is with regards tot he cabinet spacing at the range. My range is 30" (measured). What would the typical space between the cabinets be? Do I leave 1/4" on either side? And what about countertop? Does the countertop usually end up flush with the sides of the cabinet or should there be a slight overhang?

Also, does anyone put some sort of strip between the cabinets on either side of the stove (drawers in my case) to make it look a bit more finished? I'm picturing a strip, 3/4" thick running top to bottom, similar to what you would see if you looked at a cabinet with an end panel head on.

Now, on to the dishwasher. Miele instructions say 23-5/8". I'm giving 23-3/4" just in case for the future when I have to replace it. The main question I have is does the dishwasher get installed so that the front edge of the dishwasher cabinet is flush with the kitchen cabinets? Or, does the face of the dishwasher door get installed flush with the cabinet doors, thereby pushing the dishwasher slightly further into the cavity? Also, I guess the same question would apply about strips on either side of the opening to get a "finished" look.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Dan

Comments (2)