SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dirtymartini_gw

decided to tile island countertop. Please share pictures/ideas

12 years ago

Ok, we are doing waterloxed butcher block counters on the perimeter....stumped on what to do for the island, where the gas cooktop will be located.. Budget is a big concern, but also I am trying to stay a bit "retro" and go with the flow of my 1970's faux spanish ranch house. We are doing white shaker cabinets, ss appliances (yes, I know that is not really 1970s, but I don't want avocado appliances, lol) and we have wood floors.

I know many folks are "anti" tile counters...I am too, when it comes to small tiles/wide grout joints. I am trying to get ideas of the look I have seen with granite tiles (larger tiles, very small grout joints) but I do not want granite tiles.

Someone posted a thread here recently about "timeless kitchens" and I had to smile because they posted a picture of the kitchen on "French Food at Home" from the Cooking Channel. I have always loved that kitchen, and I agree, it is timeless. I searched for a link to that thread but couldn't find it. I will say, however, that I remember her tiles being smaller than what I wanted. They are only in one section of the kitchen (perimeter? I can't remember) and they are blue.

Sooo, I also need to think about color and backsplash colors to compliment the tile. So much to think about! That's why I need your help! :) Hoping for some Boxerpups magic here...any photos?

Thank you!

Comment (1)