SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julia42

Opinions on backsplash options

julia42
10 years ago

Sorry - I know there are fifty million posts of people asking for opinions on picking a backsplash... Thought I would join in.

I'm definitely in favor of ceramic subway tiles, and I've narrowed it down to two. The gray is the "Pearl" color of the Allen Roth tiles at Lowes. I like the subtle transparency of the glaze and I love the color, but I do wonder if it might end up being a little dark? Our kitchen gets a lot of natural light, though, and we will also have under cabinet lighting.

I like the bevel, and I think it softens the "modern" look, while at the same time adding a graphic element that I think goes really well with the kitchen. I worry about having to cut tiles around those little windows. I think the bevels won't do if they have to be cut. Also, I worry a little that the kitchen will then be too white!

Every time I walk into the kitchen I look over at my board and decide I love whatever it's turned to. Then I flip it and walk back in and love the other one!

If it adds useful information, all my dishes are multicolored Fiestaware, although I've stacked them in front of the tiles and still like both...

Comments (33)