SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hilltop_gw

Chair update

hilltop_gw
9 years ago

Awhile back I posted that I was looking at different dining chairs to update the look. I like my table, the size, the laminate top, etc. Even tho it's nearly 35 years old, it's held up well, and stretches out nicely to seat up to 12.

I finally bought new chairs (anything in our area is special order) and now have ambivalent feelings. The new chairs are beautiful and exactly what I ordered.
They sit nice, the finish is good, etc.

The issues: Although the backs of the chairs are taller, the seat is a little lower which I hadn't anticipated. Maybe a chair pad would help- although I'm not a fan of chair pads. To me the dining area just seems like a black hole now. Plus, from the sample, the wood on the seats was a close match to the lower wood on the table, but now that I have a full seat, it's not a very good match to the laminate on the table top.

Do they look as bad as I think? Give it time? Different rug or chair pads? My other choice was parsons chairs (but that's not my style) or painting the old chairs an ivory or some other color (I still have the old chairs).

TOP pic are the old chairs; BOTTOM pic are the new

This post was edited by hilltop on Mon, Jul 21, 14 at 12:25

Comments (17)