SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
threedgrad

Hekp needed with landscape ideas please!

threedgrad
15 years ago

If you remember I recently posted a pic of my covered patio with its new rugs in my rental house. I have been here 1 1/2 years. When I first arrived there was not one plant at all in the backyard just those damn pink rocks. Well, over time the entire yard filled up with 2 foot tall weeds which I could not remove due to my lack of time and the fact the roots are very strong within in the hard soil. The weeds are all dried up now due to the 110 and 115 temps but would come back once the monsoons really kick in. Tomorrow the landscaping firm I found will clean the whole yard up leaving me with all plain rocks again except for one baby tree - a Palo Verde. It's the child of the large tree in the next yard seen to the right of the green umbrella in photo #2.

The landscape guy will come up with a few ideas for me. I am thinking of adding a small patch of grass with maybe a water feature so I can see some green as I look out the patio doors or sit on the covered patio. It has to be small so I can keep it watered in this intense AZ heat. What do you all think? The first photo is current, the others older. Thanks!

Comments (4)