SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluekitobsessed

Polished or satin nickel for bathroom?

bluekitobsessed
15 years ago

I'm starting on the remodel of a downstairs 3/4 bathroom. The rest of my house has satin nickel hardware, and I like satin nickel generally. However, would I be better off with polished nickel fixtures and hardware in the bathroom? The shiny blingy look just feels appropriate in a bathroom, and I think I'll have an easier time finding fixtures in polished nickel. However, I've heard that it's better to keep one color/style hardware throughout the house. My first purchase will be a faucet, so I need to decide fixture/hardware color early.

Details of the proposed remodel: white wood open vanity (RH Chamfered), blue/gray granite countertop, beadboard or subway tile on bottom half of wall/darker blue paint on top half, white subway tile shower, light fixtures to be classic Rejuvenation, other fixtures to be found at RH outlet, haven't decided floor yet but some kind of light tile, generally looking for cottage/beach/casual feel rather than high maintenance.

I've cross-posted on bathrooms, but I thought you might have some good ideas also. Thank you!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional