SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jillandmatt_gw

Granite Does Not Match At Seam

jillandmatt
10 years ago

Hello,
I am writing on behalf of my brother and sister-in-law. They have been saving for a long time to have their kitchen remodeled and just had the granite installed on Friday. I unfortunately don't have a picture, but the problem is the seam between the stove and the sink (right in the middle of the counter) sticks out like a sore thumb. It's the first thing you notice when you walk in the kitchen. The granite does not match on each side of the seam. On one side there is a large half of a swirl pattern, but not on the other! I don't know why they didn't put the seam at the sink where it would have been less noticeable. I'm not sure what they can do at this point and if they should consider this acceptable and part of having a natural product, or if they tell the granite company that it is unacceptable and demand it be fixed. Any advice would be appreciated. When my sister-in-law tried to ask the installers about it on Friday, they were out the door in a flash, like they knew something was wrong. Thanks!

Comments (3)