What do you for entertainment

emma

I was curious about what the rest of you do when you are alone at home. I do movies, read, work jigsaw puzzles and play with this machine. I just finished watching Sense and Sensibility with Kate Winslet and Alan Rickman. It is a very good movie, I have watched it several times. I love the horses with their heads held high as if they are proud of themselves. Of course the manners and the use of the English language. Very nice and I was in tears at the end. I used to not be affected that way. I have a lot of series and recently bought the Harry Potter series. I liked the first 3 seasons, but it got a little dark after that. I was told it was because of a new director. I just acquired Percy Jackson and the Olmpians, The Lightening Thief and the second one, Seas Monsters. I love the cast in it and especially the first half hour when Percy found out he was the son of a god of the sea called Posidian and a normal woman. Very good.

I also have a lot of puzzles and a puzzle board which sits on a table you can tilt. Really saves on your back.

SaveComment10Like
Comments (10)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kayjones

Good morning, Emma. I have plenty to do! I am raising my grandson, who's 12, and my stepson lives with me - he's 23. I do whatever has to be done, every day, then work in my huge yard, play on the computer or read.

I have two small dogs and a cat who require my attention, plus a big house that needs attention. There aren't many empty minutes in my house! At age 63, I rest a lot!!!

Save    
dandyrandylou

Hi Emma - have you watched "Something's Gotta Give" ? kayjones - I know you are busy! Hope the stepson is a lot of help to you. Wish I had a cat or two, but we are charged $40 per month for each pet in this apartment complex! My time is spent learning on the computer, cooking, building putz houses, reading (novels, mysteries, poetry), crossword puzzles, signing petitions against farm factories and writing politicians for changes in the laws.

Save    
PRO
Whitelacey

Emma, I encourage you to read the Harry Potter novels rather than watch the movies. SO much better.

Save    
junebug1961

This has become an issue for me. I have been out of my marriage for seven months, now. My ex and I used to go hiking at the State park near our cabin. We are selling the cabin and it's too painful for me to continue to visit there on weekends. Even hiking in that area is too painful. I've tried hiking in a park in my county, but it's a pretty boring place.

Instead of looking forward to weekends, I am dreading them.

1 Like Save    
Annegriet

Read, watch tv/movies, play with my dog, clean, take walks, go to the gym, etc. I second reading Harry Potter even if you have already watched the movies. No comparison--the books are terrific--classics really.

Save    
cacocobird

I read, play with my parrot, watch movies and TV in the evenings. I'm retired, so I go out to lunch every day to get out of the house.

Save    
junebug1961

This weekend, I went to the campus art museum, which was nice. Today I have to go to my old house and pack. I'm moving in a couple of weeks. Terrified but excited at the same time.

I actually went on a date with a guy two weeks ago (I usually date women) but he wanted to kiss on the first date, which I don't do. He avoided me ever since but finally began speaking to me again the other day. I think I need to stay out of the dating pool for a while, LOL. Too danged confusing, plus I'm just not ready.

Save    
anoop

Usually too much to do just working, cooking, cleaning, shopping. Whatever remains is spent online in forums -- gardenweb, macrumors, bimmerfest. I used to like movies but lost interest in them a few years ago, and I don't own a TV.

Save    
JoAnn_Fla

I do as you do Emma. After I lost my husband nothing has been the same. Just filling up time.

Save    
Pea

I make pottery and draw a bit, i have pets, garden, read, bake, go to the beach, watch the sunset at the park, watch the birds...i've never been married and don't get bored often either.

Save    

Related Stories

Entertaining Make Your Checklist for Entertaining Season
Tailor this master list to help you set the scene — and table — for the holidays
Full Story
Entertaining Entertaining: Hosts Pull Out the Stops for Kentucky Derby Parties
Walk through the lavishly appointed Malvern House as designer Lee W. Robinson shares tips for gatherings that go the distance
Full Story
Patios 20 Outdoor Rooms With Entertaining Flair
Some have fire features and grills — others, just a table and chairs. But all of these open-air rooms show guests a good time
Full Story
Farmhouses My Houzz: A 1908 Farmhouse That Loves to Entertain
Charmingly refurbished pieces fill a Washington couple’s idyllic home and sprawling landscape
Full Story
Dining Rooms 40 Great Gifts for Dining and Entertaining
Houzz Gift Guide 2010: Hot Ideas for Design-Loving Hosts
Full Story
Entertaining Your Pre-Entertaining Quick Cleanup Checklist
Here’s a plan to help you get your house in order before guests arrive
Full Story
Entertaining How to Arrange Your Room for Entertaining
Design the perfect party space with multiple seating areas that encourage conversation and flow
Full Story
Pergolas Patio Details: New Entertaining Area Takes the Party Outside
A covered patio, an outdoor kitchen and a fire pit off a guesthouse extend the entertainment area of this ocean-view property
Full Story
My Houzz My Houzz: City Condo Is Set to Entertain
A whiskey and wine expert now has the perfect place for entertaining his friends
Full Story