SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mustangsh_gw

What to do with this custom entertainment unit - pic heavy

mustangsh
15 years ago

IÂm hoping I can get a few opinions from this board. All of you seem to be so talented with decorating and IÂm missing that creative gene. :)

DH just completed the below 12ft wide entertainment unit. Originally, we wanted the unit to look something like the below unit from hooker (I tried to photoshop into my room for effect). I have a talented painter that can do a great distressed black and can stain the doors and bead board backing.Yet, now that the unit is done; we are having second thoughts. IÂm afraid the black will be too overwhelming. My neighbor thought it would be like "Death Star" from Star Wars due to its size if painted black. :)

As horrified by this as I am; IÂm attaching various pics of the room. The room is a mess but a work in progress and I hope you understand. The leather media couch and chair are staying as well as the rug. The walls are painted fenland by Sherwin Williams which I may change after deciding on the system. The off center wall shelves and table are going to be removed. I have to buy tables, lamps etc to finish the room.

IÂm so regretting not going with stain grade now that I see what a wonderful job DH did but hindsight is 20/20. IÂve thought about asking my painter if he could do something in a brown finish. Have any of you done this? What do you think of the black  to much like the death star? This unit has been waiting to be painted for 4months while I canÂt decide. Therefore, I truly appreciate any feedback you can lend.

Thank You!

Comments (34)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida