SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pattiinnh

Great idea someone gave me for the new state coins...

Patti in NH
23 years ago

My dh is a coin collector so we've been saving all the new state coins whenever we come across them (he has one of each from the mint, but he likes them enough that he just wants to save a bunch of htem!). We've looked at those state coin maps and didn't like any that we've seen. Well, I was shopping wiht my CM consultant yesterday and told her how I wanted to do something for him for dad's day using the coins. One of her consultant friends gave her this idea and I thought it was perfect!

Using a 5x7 Sentiments album (remember, this is a CMC talking here), do 1 page for each state using either a sticker with a picture of the state, or draw it, or print one off - however you want to display it. Using the clear corner thingys (I can't remember the names - but 2 of them together will hold a quarter), place the corresponding quarter on each page. Then, journal some facts about the state.

I thought this would be a perfect gift for him from our daughter. She's only 2 1/2 so the first 10 or so will be my work (last years 5 releases and this years 5) but the remaining ones can be done with her. She can help me do the research on each state and eventually even write it out. I'm so excited!! My consultant is pregnant and having her last crop till you drop next Friday night. I'm going to buy what I need to do this while I'm there and then I'll start looking around for supplies - whether it's stickers or whatnot for each state.

I just thought this was worth passing on. Sorry it got so long. :)

Patti

Comments (9)

Sponsored