SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarah_gw

wedding album follow up

Sarah
24 years ago

This is a follow-up to my posting on giving a pre-made wedding album that the bride would insert her own photos into after the wedding. I have gotten so many responses on this I can't believe it. I posted on two other boards as well and have gotten about two dozen responses in two days!

Anyway, after having had more time to think about it and consider all the responses, I had the best suggestion from my husband of all people. (The man who thought I was kidding when I said there were three scrapbook stores in my city. He didn't know there was even such a thing as a store that only sold scrapbooking supplies- he obviously doesn't know everywhere I go when I "run errands!") He suggested I take my own camera to the wedding (and since there will be other guests I know maybe a disposable or two for them to use as well) and, in addition to the normal ones, take out-of-the-ordinary snapshots that the regular photographer wouldn't. Like an extreme close-up of the cake-smeared face, uncoordinated Uncle Jack on the dance floor, etc. and make it into a funny scrapbook with silly captions and stuff using the pictures I took. Like the caption under them exchanging vows saying, "..and I promise to not be grossed out by your athlete's foot," or a thought bubble over one of their heads saying, "I wish the priest had brushed his teeth better. I can smell his breath from here!"

Knowing the groom as well and as long as I have, this will be perfect. From what he has told me about her she has as bizarre a sense of humor as he does. (She keeps telling him her gown is Barney-stlye--green with purple polka-dots--for example.)

This would eliminate all of the potential problems we all came up with, especially since I don't know her. I do know what KIND of person she is from what he's told me, though. So I don't have to know if she's crafty, etc. I wouldn't, of course, include anything tasteless because this is their wedding, after all, but I can't think of a time when I haven't seen him with a laugh at the ready. A funny one will be much better. He's one of those guys that might write "help me" in tape on the bottom of his shoes so the guests can see it when he kneels at the altar. At one point he was in a coma for over a year and he still kind of smiled when I told him stupid jokes. I couldn't think of any gift more personal or perfect. I sure married a wonderful man to come up with this idea, didn't I!

Thanks for all the input, you guys! BTW, if you have any ideas about funny pictures to take and a caption to go with it, I'd love it, too!

Thanks again!

-Sarah

Comments (3)

Sponsored