SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jockewing

What do you think of black kitchen appliances?

jockewing
14 years ago

I came home from work the other day to find a big puddle of water in front of my refrigerator. Looks like the compressor is blown, so I decided to go shopping since I needed a dishwasher anyway.

I have a rather small kitchen that is part of a large open LR/kitchen combo, although the kitchen is partially enclosed by a half wall so the appliances aren't totally out in the open.

I have ugly pickled cabinets and have been wanting to paint them a white or cream and add really sharp nickel or chrome pulls. I formerly had white appliances, and really wanted stainless, but I just can't afford the "true" stainless stuff. I ended up getting a textured black 22 cu ft side by side Whirlpool with water and ice dispenser in the door with built in filter for a really great price of $800, and got a standard black Whirlpool DW. How do you think this will look with white or cream cabinets? The walls are BM Azores (may change to SW Halcyon Green), a lovely mid-tone blue green. I think blue green looks fantastic against black and white, so I'm really excited about how this might look. I was worried that if I got white appliances again, once I paint my cabinets white it would be way too white.

For now, the range and range hood will be white, but once I pay off the fridge and DW, I plan to purchase a new range. I notice alot of the black ranges have stainless accents. I thought getting one of those with a stainless hood will finish off the look.

So, the finished Kitchen will be --- white or cream cabs with nickel or chrome pulls, black fridge and DW, black and stainless range and vent hood, blue green walls, tan ceramic tiles. Currently have a sort of orange-y rust colored laminate countertops that go well with the blue green, but would love to eventually change these. Eventually would also like to add a stone or tile backsplash, or maybe even stainless.

Did I make a mistake with the black apps, or does it sound like I'm headed in the right direction?

Comments (15)