SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Sofa Bed Recommendations?????

lynninnewmexico
12 years ago

. . . or warnings of any to stay away from (LOL!)? We've decided to get rid of our oak daybed w trundle in the guest room in favor of a (queen-size) sofa bed. DS is now almost 27 y/o and when he comes home to visit he hates to sleep on the day bed. He says the mattress is very comfortable but the wood back and side rails make for an uncomfortable sleep. Now that he's not bringing friends home on college breaks with him anymore, we don't have that need for 2 single beds. One queen-size (leather) sofa bed will work better, I think.

This past year or so, it's become more of a den/guest room that DD and her friends like to hang out in to watch tv or play Wei. A (leather) sofa bed makes more sense for us at this stage.

So, do you have a brand of sofa bed that sleeps well, but is still a comfortable sofa, too? The room has a nice walk-in closet that I can store a mattress topper for it, if need be.

I'm looking for a leather sofa bed, but nothing very Contemporary; because of the Western art in there, I'm looking for a Traditional or Western-looking one.

Below are a few pics of the room with the current oak daybed. Due to it's odd 5-wall shape (our home is shaped kind of like a boomerang and this is where it bends), the furniture arrangement will have to be changed and the sofa bed placed on the wall that the oak roll-top desk is on now.

Anyhoo, thanks for any and all recommendations!

Lynn

Comments (2)