SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mommycooks_gw

Recommendation for sofa bed needed

mommycooks
16 years ago

Hi to all-

I have searched the forum (really!) and know there are many, many HATERS of sofa beds out there. We are redoing the house and are coming to realize that having a dedicated "guest room" with only a big bed and other squeezed in furniture is a recipe for wasting space. If we go with a sofabed that is comfortable for both sitting and sleeping, then we can use the room for many other activities during the 48 weeks a year when we do not have guests.

DH thinks an aerobed is more work than a sofa bed, more hassle, and most likely less comfortable. The only aerobeds I have seen that are raised (a critical point as my parents and MIL are not getting younger - and I hate sleeping on the floor) are double-mattress kind - more hassle and time. Futons are out in large part because they get crunched in the fold when they are used infrequently - but I know they are comfortable to sleep on.

So . . . can I have recommendations of brand names of sleeper sofas that are indeed comfortable to sit on and sleep on? I'll investigate prices, for sure, and I may be OOL on that front, but having names of good ones would really be helpful.

Please don't write to tell me you hate sleeper sofas. I have slept on those uncomfortable ones as well, but I know there are really comfy ones out there. That info is what I am interested in!

TIA!

Comments (2)