SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bananastand

Question again about mounting hose reel on Dutch Lap siding

bananastand
10 years ago

I posted before about this- I just got Dutch Lap siding installed on my home. I love it but the contractor did not mount my hose reels where they had been and I didn't know how to mount them on the non-flat surface of the siding. Based on your responses, it sounded like my contractor should have installed mounting blocks for me. Since he didn't, I contacted him and asked why. He said he never does that for hose reels and thinks most contractors don't. He referred me to this product (see link) which he says is designed to be mounted on the surface of the siding after it's installed. Just wondering if anyone has installed something like this and can comment on how easy this is to put on?

If it involves cutting away any of the existing siding I am not comfortable with that. Drilling into it yes, but I am not going to cut it. If this solution won't work I'm curious to hear what others do to store their hoses. I have had terrible luck with the retractable carts that just sit on the ground. In my experience they never work right, are tippy, and also they just don't look good. I really prefer to loop the hose myself around a solid surface mounted to the house. I did try to install the kind that go into the ground and had a LOT of trouble digging down. I think there is maybe concrete or something right below the surface of the area where I'd need it to go. So those won't work.

Just feeling frustrated and a bit lost on how I mount my hoses again. A solution "for dummies" is kind of what I need. Thanks for help and gentle suggestions!

Here is a link that might be useful: Surface Mounting Block for Dutch Lap Siding

Comments (10)