SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathy_94952

Please give me feedback on my Cabinet Plan

Kathy F
12 years ago

I have been going over the cabinet plan I got from my cabinet maker, and I need to get my changes in to him in the next few days. I already know some changes I want him to make, and I've noted them below. But I would also love to get input from this great group of folks.

Here's the overall plan view of the cabinets; I've noted the various areas I expect certain activities will take place:

The next 3 pictures are the various elevations with where I plan to store various things.

Here's the elevation of the window/main sink wall:

On the far right are a wine rack (below) and open shelves (above) that face into the adjoining dining room. The cabinet maker is adding insulation between the oven and wine rack to protect the wine from heat. I want to change the 4 drawer bank to a 3 drawer bank and have the bottom drawer line up with the drawer under the ovens.

Here's the elevation of the refrigerator/cooktop wall:

I will change the 4 drawer bank to look like a 3 drawer bank, having the middle drawer be a drawer within a drawer. I also want the top of the microwave cut out to be higher so the bottom of the upper cabinet doors match the height of the cabinets on either side.

Last is the island:

Already planned changes are to rotate the trash/recycling so it's opposite the dishwasher and to change the 4 drawer bank to look like a 3 drawer bank, having the middle drawer be a drawer within a drawer.

What else might I want to think about? Ive been looking at/living this for so long, I'm sure there are some things I'm not even seeing any more!!!

TIA for any and all suggestions and advice

Comments (4)