SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jockewing

How to hire a designer??

jockewing
13 years ago

I have just come into a nice sum of money due to an inheritance. I have also inherited a house. The inherited house is only a few minutes from my current home. I am trying to decide on whether I should stay in the current house and sell the inherited house or vice versa, or if I should sell both and buy or build closer to my job. Before I make any decisions, I would like to have a designer's opinion on what I could do to update the inherited home and if it is worth the cost, or if I should just stay in the current house and make some renovations there.

If I decide to stay in the current house (which is where I'm leaning) there are several things I have been dreaming of doing in my house for a while now that I never thought would really happen. I think I am good at picking out things I like and I know my style, but I seem to have trouble pulling things together and I end up getting frustrated in all my "interior design" projects. I would love to have a designer come in and at least consult with me to help me narrow down my color choices to a cohesive palette for the house, help me decide on a lighting plan (would like to install recessed lighting), and help decide on a furniture layout.

I have never hired an interior designer before, so I have no idea how it works or what I should expect. Would I hire them for a certain number of hours? What kinds of fees should I expect to pay?

I live in the New Orleans area for reference.

Would love if you could share with me any experiences, good or bad, working with a designer.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES