SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrsmortarmixer

This backsplash or something else?

mrsmortarmixer
9 years ago

I've been to every tile store that Google could find within 60 or so miles of here, and have yet to find something I like, that matches, and wouldn't cost more than a new car. I've found several that meet one or two of these criteria, but none that have met all three.

All of the off-white subways look too stark to my eye. The colored subways look terrible, and I'm not a fan of gray. I'm also not a fan of subway tile, but I'm willing to do something I don't LOVE to finish this up. I thought maybe it was the safer choice, but I'm not so sure now.

I keep coming back to this pink marble. It ~seems~ to coordinate with the wall color, the brick, and the cabinets, but I'm worried about it being too busy or just be off enough to really make it look terrible. It will be on the entire range wall up to the ceiling and from counter to cabinets on the sink run. No where will it be up against the paint, but it will be up against the brick. I'd probably do a brick pattern with the tiniest grout joints I could get away with. It's also incredibly cheap, and probably one of the biggest reasons I keep returning to this tile.

If that's completely terrible, I'm up for any other suggestions. We've kind of got a traditional/rustic/farmhouse thing going on now. The only material completely out of the question is stainless. I'd rather not stick with paint either, but if it's the only thing that works, I could live with it.

Comments (56)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH