SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lascatx_gw

Beadboard ceiling question

lascatx
11 years ago

Would you put beadboard ceiling in a master bath with none in the rest of the house? My master has a tray ceiling with deep crown trim on both levels -- the bath has a flat ceiling, no crown. Both are 10 foot with the BR lifting to 12 inside a double tray. The master bath is the one room least touched and most in need of a redo -- we are planning to redo the cabinets, tub and shower as soon as we can get to them, so this would be the first step. Part of me wants to do the deep crown and part of me wants beadboard with a simple cove edge -- something like this:

Traditional Family Room design by Newark General Contractor Michael Robert Construction>

I plan a very simple all crystal but the candle cups chandelier (updated traditional) and will likely paint the ceiling a light blue either way.

I am also thinking that either way, I would like to look at putting the beadboard on the exterior porch overhangs (front and back, including outside the master BR).

Now that I have mentioned beadboard, DH wants it and I am having second thoughts. Thoughts?

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida