SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dtchgrl

help with lighting over island table area

dtchgrl
14 years ago

Hi All,

My brain is fried, but my Dad wants to know what lighting I am going with for the table/eating poriton of my island so he knows if its one fixture or two pendants.

I could use the double pendant light I had over my old table which would be the simple and cheaper solution. But is this outdated looking? It was a farily expensive and good quality light 10 years ago.

Or, I do like the look of the "lantern pendants" I've seen. Would this update better or just look stupid since I need to keep my honey maple perimeter cabinets?

The table portion will be approx 42"x 96" cherry wood 2.25 thick.

Not the most flattering since its on the ground, but here is the light I already have and could use:

Here is a drawing of the new island. Not pictured on the back wall and right wall are my current maple cabinets which are staying

Here are my perimeter and island cabinet color. I hope countertop will be soapstone, if not then dark granite. Knobs will be changed out to something a little darker and more interesting.

I was thinking about two lantern pendants like this:

http://www.potterybarn.com/products/p6171/index.cfm?pkey=call%2Dchandeliers%2Dpendants

Any thoughts/ideas?

Here is a link that might be useful: pendant lanterns

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH