SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dakota01

You love it but it doesn't work WTD???

dakota01
12 years ago

I found wall art that I LOVE !!! Very large equestrian hunt art (48H X 23W)Rider w/red coat-yellowish backound and a dog. There are (2) different prints/pieces.

The frame is dark and has large nailheads going all the way around it, also has some faux leather trim.

I tried to find it on the Uttermost website but couldn't - I have never seen anything like these before. They are soooo beautiful! They would have worked in my last house, in my office that had a masculine feel and have lots of reddish burgandy and gold.

I want my new house to be more transitional and I feel (maybe because they are english hunt horses/riders) that's they are way more traditional.

So, do I keep them because I love them and try desparetly to fit them into my dining room or my family room or do I return them?

Most art that I have purchased in the past was only purchased because I needed something on the walls and I coordinated it to the room. I didn't buy it because I LOVED IT !! I have another horse painting (Western theme) that definately didn't work in my last houses kitchen - BUT I loved it and wanted to see it everyday - so I would tell guests that I know this doesn't work in here - BUT I LOVE IT and DON"T CARE!!

Can art that doesn't coordinate with the room by main colors (though my sofa is yellowish) or by theme/style work?

Do yo have art that doesn't "go" but you enjoy looking at it too much to not display it?

Just the size, framing and drama of the hunt scene is very unique and not something you see all the time in someone's home. I hope I don't have to put these large pieces in my laundry room because they don't "go"..LOL

Comments (15)