Warning about a Scrapbook site

jubileej

Right after downloading an app from the site Scrapbook Nook, (actually - I also accidentally downloaded a piggy back download feature on the site - which took over my search engine - a Universal Converter or something of the sort), my computer slowed way down and crashed. Happily, my resident "geek squad", i.e., DH and DS, were able to restore.

Coincidence? Naw, I don't like how the 2nd download button appeared so fast, that I thought it was that I had not clearly pushed the first one. And - it was related to properties of the Scrapbook site - for mathematical tools. But - I think it only took over and became my search engine for the purpose of 3rd party sharing. Beware.

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Petunia

thanks much for your warning. I am always leary of sites like this.

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Alison42

Thanks for sharing. this would help all of us a lot.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Disaster Prep & Recovery 10 Contractor Scam Warning Signs
Protect yourself, your home and your finances after a natural disaster by following these tips for sniffing out storm chasers
Full Story
Gardening Guides Great Design Plant: Rhus Aromatica ‘Gro-Low’ Handles Many Tough Sites
Plant ‘Gro-Low’ fragrant sumac in eastern and midwestern U.S. gardens for its tolerance of tough sites, spreading form and orange fall color
Full Story
Earth Day To Manage Stormwater Sustainably, Understand Your Site
Follow this guide to learn how water moves through your landscape and how best to manage it
Full Story