SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
austennut

Which white paint goes with white appliances?

austennut
13 years ago

We would like to paint our kitchen cabinets white, and we have white appliances that will not be replaced anytime soon. So we're looking for a white that won't make the appliances look bad (or be made to look bad by the appliances). Therefore, the most important thing is, any recommendations?

If you're interested in more detail, the walls are going to be painted a yellowy-green, and the fabric we've chosen for the window treatments is a black, white, pale green, and pink stripe. The floors are a medium wood floor. The kitchen primarily faces east, though it also has a northern window.

I've painted several swatches with BM paint. I have swatches of:

Snowfall White

Chantilly Lace

(These are what I call the "bright" whites that have the cool undertones that seem to go best with the appliances, but I wonder if they're too stark and cold.)

Simply White (creamier, but maybe too creamy for my appliances?)

Gardenia (a rosy cream...the pink looks decent near the appliances but I'm afraid it will look really pink next to the green walls)

White Dove

Steam

(These are too creamy to do anything for the appliances)

I've been sticking with BM, but I'm open to other quality brands. I found out today that Sherwin Williams is having a 40% sale on paint this weekend so if I could make a decision by Sunday, that could be some definite savings.

So, recommendations of white paints for cabinets when the appliances are white? If you have any feedback on the colors I've got already, I'd be happy to hear them. I think I'm losing my mind with all of these whites!

Comments (2)