SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pattyk_64

Pictures of somewhat budget kitchen in progress

pattyk_64
15 years ago

I thought I'd post a before and during pic of our reno so far, I didn't realize how much things have changed until I took the 2nd pic yesterday and compared it to my before picture. Here it is before we did anything:

{{!gwi}}

And this is the picture I took yesterday:

{{!gwi}}

I'm going to look at tile tomorrow, but it will be some kind of natural stone, in a subway tile and will go all the way to the ceiling wherever there are cabinets, including the phone desk which is not visible, but to the right side of me as I snapped the picture. So obviously the stenciling will finally be covered up. I was so proud of it 13 years ago, when I painted it. I had to go three times around the room, using 7 colors! lol.

The only layout change we've made is that we have taken out the cooktop and wall oven, and replaced it with a dual fuel slide in range. There will be doors where the oven was. Budget-wise, not too bad if not for the appliances, (new fridge and range, d/w will be replaced eventually, but we might wait on that, the one we have is a bosch and it's still in really good shape) the cabinets only cost $2000 to be sprayed, and that includes the kitchen chairs (painted black), The granite was somewhere in the neighborhood of $3500, and of course there are still items to pay for, like the tile and cabinet hardware, and the family room will be painted as well. DH who is an electrician is installing new under cabinet lighting with a simple valance. We had halogen puck lights before, but he's decided to put in Xenon this time.

The cabinets are painted with BM Navajo White and the granite is Caledonia Dark. Also, the moulding at the top of the cabinets hasn't been nailed down yet it's just there to get it out of the way for now. :)

I'd love to hear and comments and suggestions you might have.

Oh, here's a before and after of the kitchen chairs:

{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}

Comments (26)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm