SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janie_k

Somewhat Finished, Somewhat Budget... White Vintage Kitchen

janie-k
15 years ago

Here is a preview of our not quite finished kitchen. It has been in this same state since before Christmas and I'm guessing it will be a bit before we get around to finishing things (such as molding and the backsplash). Anyways, I thought I'd go ahead and post it now, since I'm so grateful for all the kitchens (finished or not) I was able to see on this forum when I was in the planning phase.

After:

Before Kitchen

This kitchen didn't start out as a budget remodel, but since we were/are doing a whole house remodel, by the end of the kitchen we had spent much more than planned and so the Kitchen budget was cut to 20K.

Some of the details...

Range, Dishwasher & Micro: GE Cafe

Fridge: Counter Depth Bosch

Floor: Ceramic Tile 13"x13" with 4" black marble insets.

Ceiling Lights: Restoration Hardware

Cabinets: Custom by local cabinet maker

Cabinet Paint: Benjamin Moore Aura Paint in White Dove (DIY)

Cabinet Hardware: Restoration Hardware

Sink: Elkay stainless zero radius sink from Home Depot (it can under-mount or top-mount)... we had a sad story involving a beautiful stainless farm sink received with shipping damage that lead to this sink. In the end I'm totally happy with this sink, so it all worked out :)

Counters - Wilsonart Oiled Soapstone Laminate in 3cm thickness to simulate soapstone. I couldn't decide between Soapstone or Marble, so we decided to go laminate for the time being... I'm actually so happy with it, I think it will stay for quite a while.

Breakfast Bar: Walnut top done by cabinet maker

Comments (53)