SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
igloochic

Vulcan Gold Granite...not so easy to replace :o(

igloochic
16 years ago

I wandered granite yards today...I'm going to end up flying to Seattle to view granite there to replace my Vulcan gold (sold by the granite fabricator after being paid in full). In addition, I'm out of travertine...he used mine (paid for in full) on another job. It's now backordered to mid May. My tub deck arrived, three tiles short (and at $50 a tile that's some expensive tile I'll have to trash and start again). Box of Nordic Black Antique 18x18 was picked up...one has a huge white vein in it, rendering it unusable..the other seems to be on vacation...it wasn't in the box (needed all four tiles to complete hood). Ivory marble, no veins...ya that's not so much coming out of the yards anymore. A few thousand more and you can see the white onyx....

Note to self...and all new remodelers....Use uba tuba and white ceramic...it's easier to replace!

I have enough extra knobs to possibly cover the missing nordic black tile spot...if it won't look funny to have a massing of 20 knobs in the center of the hood...

Uba tuba...uba tuba....uba tuba....where's my wine?

Comments (26)