SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neoggb

Window Coverings for Porch- need help!

neoggb
15 years ago

I have an enclosed porch that was added to the house I purchased about 5 yrs after it was built. It is on the side of the house so visible from the street. This is a 1955 yellow brick ranch. The porch has yellow bricks on one wall and jelosy windows on the other three. The ceiling is wood and the floor is white and red 9 inch tiles in a checkerboard pattern. With all those windows, this is a cool place to be on hot days, but I need some kind of window treatment for privacy. I was thinking white sheers all the way around but wouldn't that block the breeze, which would defeat the purpose of all those windows. I have sheers on other windows in the house but they seem to significantly block the breeze. I think that miniblinds would be very expensive and just too busy as this porch is 25 feet by 8 feet. The outside of the porch is stone- I would like the treatment to blend with the house and look good from the outside as well. Any suggestions would be much appreciated as we would like to start using this porch.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals