SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dody40_gw

How do I decide

dody40
9 years ago

My beloved husband passed away last week and I cannot afford to stay here. I have wanted to move to subsidized housing for a couple of years but Gary would not hear of it. This place, as much as I love it, is way too expensive for me to keep up, especially now that my son is moving to Florida. He is the one that has plowed for me, shoved the sidewalks and taken care of my garbage, besides any thing else that I needed done.

I have been doing 'Gary' things for the last couple of years, and I am tired and want to turn the responsibility over to someone else. There will be an opening in the location that I want very soon. It is near to town, near to my doctors (whom I love, they have been so compassionate to me) and my friends and relatives are here. I do not want to pass it up as there is often a long waiting list.

I am nearly 74, and have a lot of attachment to my 'things'. How do I make a decision on what to keep? I know I really have to downsize. This place I am in is so large, that I could keep 'everything'. Now the day of reckoning is here. How do I get rid of everything I do not want?

I do not post much, but you guys have given much advice over the years.I really appreciate any advice that you can give to me now.

Dody

Comments (31)