SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
becca06

Would love feedback on our kitchen/office/pantry

becca06
15 years ago

Dh and I are getting ready to start a whole house remodel and addition. I feel like I'm in over my head with our kitchen. I would love feedback!

Here's a screen shot of the kitchen. It's a little messy because the plans include the demo of the existing kitchen.

{{gwi:1826511}}

Dh and I taped out the kitchen the other day. It was very clear that the frig is too far away from the sink and stove. It will need to be moved to wall with the sink. I'm not in love with the "view through" and will probably remove it. We live in the PNW and the designer added that to bring light from sunny side of the house to the front, which doesn't have as much light exposure.

As far as the "office" goes, this space is totally flexible. We can take out the wall and keep it open to the kitchen. I envision this space as having a large window seat. The window will be custom leaded glass (if budget permits). On the adjacent wall, we'll have a built in desk. Dh and I run our own business so do need a space for computer work, fax, and files. We are also open to the idea of moving the wall between the office and the pantry, and also moving the stove down and creating a separate entry into the pantry. Dh would prefer to do this, as he likes things to be symmetrical.

Here's a view of the first floor to help see the flow.

{{gwi:1826512}}

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Comments (8)