SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sable_ca

Windows With Integrated Blinds - Yes or No?

sable_ca
15 years ago

Well, at last we must replace the windows in our master suite. Currently we have aluminum sliders which are not code, and I've lived with their nasty appearance for twenty years. The sliders are covered with plantation shutters, which look very good. However, the shutters are a pain to keep open for our two cats, who lie on the dresser beneath to sun themselves and watch birds. But - I am a bear about privacy and light control.

So our GC suggested that we get new sliders with integrated blinds. That way I could keep control of the light and privacy issues, open the windows so the cats could peer out from behind the screens, and have, at last, a pretty fabric WT. This issue is NOT just about the cats, lol; it's about coming up to code, convenience, and being able to have a softer WT.

Does anyone here have integrated windows-blinds? What are the pros and cons? Can they be operated using a remote control? I checked at the Windows forum, but found no mention of them there; they seem to be preoccupied with things like rotting wood, the quality of vinyl, etc. My issue is partly a decorating one.

Hoping that someone has some ideas, and TIA!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County