SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cannon_gw

Acme Brick wants to correct their mistake by staining brick

18 years ago

I ordered our brick from Acme Brick. The visible bricks looked good & the bundles were labeled correctly. When I saw the brick on walls, there were orange bricks I did not remember. I assumed the bricklayers were putting too many of the light bricks together & thus were ruining the appearance. I gave them special instructions but the appearance did not improve as there were still sections of discolored brick so I had the brick cut out & replaced in the worst areas. Even with the orange bricks being spaced sporadically, the more brick that was applied, the more terrible it looked. Acme Brick sent a representative that agreed there was a mistake because there were two different types of brick within the same bundle. To make a long story short, Acme has refused to remove/replace the brick. They insist they can stain this brick to make it look acceptable. Williamsport was a premium brick with a premium price tag so I was hoping for more than "acceptable". In addition, I am scared to death the staining process will only make matters worse. Does anyone have any experience with this? Please Help!

Comments (10)