SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
happy2learn

Does anyone have problems with their marble backsplash etching?

happy2learn
12 years ago

Hi everyone. Will a marble backsplash have problems with etching, especially behind the sink and range (I love to make chili and spaghetti!) Will polished marble show the etching much more than honed? I am seriously considering using the "Greecian Marble" tiles that Home Depot sells (and yes, they do spell it, oddly, with two "e's"! Although it is probably considered a low end marble by some--it is perfect for me because it is mainly off-white shades with very little veining to clash with my busy, light colored granite (and I can "pick through them" and get just the shades I want--off white, no bright whites--and then return the rest!)

If anyone has photos of their "Greecian white" backsplashes, I'd love to see them! Thanks.

I have finally narrowed down my backsplash choices to either this marble (if I can find enough with the darker off-white shades by going through the boxes) and if polished marble will not be a problem in the kitchen) or the Adex Hamilton crackled subway tile in bone (with probably some sort of strip of glass mosaics for interests. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Comments (6)