SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jakefield_gw

Please help with sofa selection

jakefield
13 years ago

I'm going crazy trying to pick a new sofa and loveseat for our family room (we have made numerous bad choices over the years). We thought about a sectional but decided it really didn't give us more seating and created a lighting problem that would cost even more to solve. I think we have it narrowed down to the Dial sofa and loveseat at macys in a chenille or a microfiber or one of two we found at a sofa outlet (similiar cost). The one at Macy's is 42 inch deep and softer than the others and I wondered if that just seemed too deep to most of you. The one at the outlet I liked the best is a pottery barn rip-off with a skirted bottom. DH worries that the skirted bottom makes that sofa look just too old-fashioned. Any thoughts on that? Do you like a firmer or softer sofa. This is the furniture that all teenagers and a grungy husband watch tv on etc. so it really needs to be durable. Leather isn't an option as the other chair in the room is a brown leather barcalounger. Last question. The microfiber color we were looking at is a solid rusty color. Would you consider this a neutral? We have cherry floors and medium beige walls. Just trying to pick some brains. Thanks so much.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH