SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarah2008_gw

1914 Bungalow (rental) - need ideas

sarah2008
15 years ago

I have a little (900 + sq ft) craftsman bungalow in another town that has been rented for many years. I recently inspected it and found it to be in terrible shape. That tenant is out and I am going to be doing repairs and remodeling.

I want to make it nice, clean, affordable housing that is as attractive and up to date as I can keeping in mind the affordable part. I would like to sell it when the market improves.

It has a tiny kitchen open to a small dining room and that to a living room which includes the front door. On the other half of the house are two bedrooms separated by a small hall and small bath. It has a large covered front porch.

Does anyone have any suggestions where I can see a decorating plan that is in keeping with the style of the house? What kind of carpeting can I install that is very durable, doesn't show a lot of dirt and is still reasonably affordable and attractive?

I will be back with some contractor questions too. I will be making most of my decisions in about 3 weeks. Thanks for any and all ideas to consider.

Comments (20)