SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lorettaf_gw

Great bargain today!

LorettaF
16 years ago

You ladies will get a kick out of this one...

My DH ran to Walmart to pick up 2 things today....but he always runs through the clearance aisles (as do I) when we go shopping. Well...he called to see how much toothpaste we had on hand since there was a really good deal. Then he said "hold on, I'm walking down to the clearance section now...and you need to come over here immediately...they have all their batting on clearance." (They got rid of their fabric this past July.)

Well...I knew that if it was a good deal it may not be there by the time I got down there. So I had him read off the labels to me and told him what to pick up. He picked up 12 rolls of batting and the most he paid for any of them was $2.60...and that was for the large sizes!!! The crib battings were only $1.25-$1.85!!! How cool is that!!! LOL

He also told me they had their yarn on sale and when he said "crochet thread" I had him pick up all 5 rolls they had...for $.75 each!!! Those are great for tying quilts as well as for making edgings around receiving blankets!!

Hey...what can I say...he's a good man!!! Can you just imagine him in his flannel jacket and work clothes...going up to the checkout with a cart full of batting and crochet thread!! LOL He said several women in line asked him if he was a quilter! He told one woman "well, everyone has to have a hobby!" LOL Now THAT'S being secure in your masculinity! LOL

Comments (8)