SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annerunner

trying to compare 36 ranges around 5k

Annerunner
12 years ago

We have recently purchased a property and have large gardens planned, goats, chickens, etc. So I plan to use it a great deal more....this has become me "career". The best part is we are completely gutting the kitchen and starting over! Yeah!

I am interested in a 36" all gas range and I want to stay close to $5k or lower. I have most recently been to our local higher-end appliance store and received quotes on:

Jenn-air jgrp436wp

Wolf R366

Thermador prg366gh

Electrolux e36gf76jps

All are relatively close in price averaging 5300, but there are some bonuses. I get a builder's discount AND the Thermador and Jenn-air come with a free dishwasher (both about $1200 value).

I am wondering how Bertazonni, DCS, and others might measure up compared to these. I have been told it's better to have brass burners with some weight to them to avoid corrosion over time. Does that matter?

I prefer not to have open burners...it freaks me out a bit. I would like to have 2 stacked grates and don't care if all burners are simmer. I also don't care about red knobs on a Wolf, or care that it's a Wolf, unless the performance measures up (it's the most expensive and no dishwasher) I would happily pay less than 5k if I can get the performance. Any suggestions or criticisms out there?

Comments (3)