SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jally1

Premium interior latex OK for exterior window framing? etc.

jally
12 years ago

Hi, all, this past month i had 1950s slider windows retrofitted with vinyl sliders. Three sliders on the west side of house, and one in the north side.

The west side doesn't have a roof overhang nor gutters (since the overhangs are on the N/S side). Inclement weather hits the west side of the house the most (at least the shakes are asbestos, so that's a relief, toxicity issues notwithstanding.)

The newly retrofitted sliders had been inset into raw wood framing, via gas-operated nailer.

Here's pic of the exterior of one of the western ones:

See the raw wood facing the west?

Questions:

Firstly, do I need to paint ASAP - or is there a grace period of weeks, or months, or years to get the framing painted?

Secondly, I have Ben Moore Premium Interior Latex paint [pearl color] in the house. It's difficult to get to the home center 1/2 hour away. I don't have a car, the transportation system is horrible, etc.

Would the premium paint intended for interior, passably protect the outside raw wood?

Finally, i'd appreciate an online pic showing the best paintbrush for this? (I have plenty of brushes in the house, both bristle & foam ones. Just wanting to know which is optimal for such a job).

Thanks!

Comments (20)