SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
acdesignsky

Hanging drapes with ornate modling

acdesignsky
12 years ago

Remember this bedroom? I posted some questions about my Ikat chairs a few months ago. You all gave me such wonderful ideas. I was unsure how to deal with the tall, narrow, windows in my MBR. I had planned on having molding applied to replicate the wainscot in the some other areas of the house, but really feel the room needs some softening. I found a gorgeous horizontal stripe chocolate and green drapery fabric and I am attempting my first box pleated drape.

The question is where and how do i hang the drapes. The ceilings are 9ft tall. The windows are 8ft, then there is another 12" of molding . So, do I mount the drapes just above the window, at the ceiling, or somewhere in between? I toyed with the idea of a valance spanning the wall. I know valances are "in" again, but not for me. Also, hardware is an issue. I want the fabric to be the focus, so no hardware would be nice, but a plain 3/4" rod may do the trick. The drapes will be completely stationary. Any ideas how I can hang it with no hardware at all? The wood blinds have a 3" valance, so the panels must project 3" too. (or so I think). Any and all advice is welcome!

View of windows

Room now{{!gwi}}

Comments (15)