SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
atlbeardie

Which magazines have you found most helpful?

atlbeardie
16 years ago

My husband and I have been planning our new lake house for a few years now, and I am embarrassed by the stacks of magazines (and articles torn from magazines) that I have amassed over that time. Talk about information overload! I'm curious about which magazines other people have found to be the most helpful in planning their new kitchens.

As I look back through my stacks of material, it seems like some of my most helpful ideas have come from some unlikely places. For instance, Fine Homebuilding has been a treasure trove of advice. Since our new lake house is Arts & Crafts style, I have also found lots of good information and inspiration in American Bungalow, the Old House Journal and Old House Interiors. I also rely a lot on Consumer Reports, although I don't follow its recommendations religiously. I've found that most of those specialty "Dream Kitchen" type of publications are a waste of money, mostly just filled with thinly disguised advertisements.

How about the rest of you? Which magazines have given you great ideas, information or inspiration?

Comments (17)