SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tilenut_gw

please check floorplan

tilenut
13 years ago

We are doing a full house remodel on a home we're purchasing. Thankfully, we're not living in the home during it. I have a general contractor, and am awaiting closing, permitting etc.

We are changing interior walls as we see fit, so pretty much have a blank slate. The kitchen will be about 17' by 15'. I want a 36" gas cooktop, wall oven, plus second oven or advantium. A second sink would be great, as we frequently have two cooks. I am undecided whether to put the main sink on the island or on the cooktop wall. Thoughts?

We are empty nesters, but entertain a lot and have frequent family visits, so need lots of room. Do cook almost all meals at home, so this is very much a working kitchen.

The wall on the right side will be completely new, so can place anywhere or delete. The mud room is currently the laundry room, so that can change as well. The pantry is to be created out of a corner of the front porch.

I will try to paste a link to a rough sketch and a sketch of the main wall elevation. Please make suggestions for better use of space, or problems you see.

From Drop Box

Here is a link that might be useful: kitchen/family room floorplan

Comments (2)