SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pebbles396

Questions for sellers/buyers are interested but property ovrpricd

pebbles396
17 years ago

All - Hope you're all doign well, it's been a while since I've popped my head in here but thought that I'd run this past you and get your opinions.

Situation is that there are home sellers that have had a property on the market for 400+ days (hence they missed the big wave summer before this one and have been sitting ever since) The price point is about 1/2 Million and they are considering a price drop of about 5% to be 'dramatic'.

As a seller who has likely owned the home for 30+ years and claim to be motivated how would you feel about the following.

Writing an offer that is about 100k under the list price, submitted with the comps that support the offered price.

I'm thinking of doing a letter that introduces the buyers and tells about them and their desire to raise a family and cherish this home.

Would this possibly reduce the blow? They listing agent has followed up for feedback and played pretty cool when the supported previous sales suggest that the property is about 20% overpriced.

Also - the buyers DO NOT need to sell, they happened to fall in love with this property but they're pretty emotional and have already started 'redecorating' and picking paint colors because they feel this is 'THE' house.

Any suggestions? Does making the deal more personal help in any way?

Comments (16)