SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homechef_gw

Design help urgently needed - cabinets with bianco carrara counte

homechef
14 years ago

I am having a crisis! I have my mind set on a "French country" kitchen with cream-ish color cabinets and a dark stained island... The problem is I want honed Bianco Carrara marble countertops everywhere. Well, now that I see my original choice of an antique white chocolate glaze cabinet door, it clashes horribly with the the gray veins in the white marble. All the photos I've seen of kitchens with marble counters either have white cabinets or dark wood.

Has anyone done a white marble counter with anything other than a white painted cabinet? Can you recommend any paint color other than white, but still light enough for the cabinets that would work with the white marble? The doors will be full overlay, raised panel, applied molding, fairly intricate. I would love to have some glaze to pick up the details in the door, but not so much that it screams "I've been glazed". My cabinet maker can do any of the BM colors, but having to pick a color is difficult enough, trying to visualize how it will look glazed is impossible. Please help!

Comments (6)