SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ebrathedebra

URGENT! Ordering today & last minute design jitters!

ebrathedebra
15 years ago

Hi -

I need some advice from those of you who are design savvy. I am supposed to order my cabs at Ikea today but I'm freaking out at the last minute and I need your help - PLEASE!!

In the thumbnails you will see one of my inspiration photos, my layout\plan in the other, and door styles.

I have been planning on doing Adel White around the perimeter with only the island being Adel Medium Brown. I was going to have a whitish marble like carrera, calcutta etc . on all counters (perimeters and island alike). My kitchen table is a stained wood - much like Adel MB.

My sudden feeling is that the mb island might not work because it might seem out of place. I know a lot of people differ in opinions on whether to mix up cabinetry colors. I know I'm ok with that - as long as it works. That said - I think I'm realizing that my inspiration kitchen photo works because there is a beigy granite on perimeters with wood on the island and that those counters tie in the stained brown island. But that is the one thing I wanted to change in my kitchen (with white marble). And - I am not willing to do the beigy counters - I love the white marble too much.

Do you guys think that my plan works as is or do I is my island just floating out there in stark contrast to the rest of the kitchen without anything to ground it? I would love to have the mb island but do you think all Adel white would be better?

Please please help!

Thank you!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!