SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
californiadreamer_gw

Flooring transition quesiton

californiadreamer
16 years ago

I posted this in the flooring section, but am posting here as well in case anyone has encountered this issue:

I am having Mannington Resilient flooring installed on Thursday in my kitchen. My previous kitchen had lino, which transitioned into a dining area with hardwood. My remodeled kitchen has more cabinetry, which extends slightly into the hardwood area. The flooring will end in line with the foreground cabinets in the attached picture. My question is: should the transition strip run cabinet to cabinet, or should it start at the wall, run across the base of the cabinet shown on the left, across the flooring, across the base of the cabinet on the right, and to the wall. I'm thinking it would look more finished the second way, but I'm not sure what common practice is or if there is a reason to go one way or the other. Any info you can provide will be much appreciated...thanks in advance! (By the way, the right cabinet will be corrected with a cabinet skin before the flooring is done to cover the shim and rough edge)

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (6)