SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janjan212

Does anyone know the Cost of Pre-fabricated Sunrooms?

janjan212
18 years ago

I heard a portion of radio talk show today and the host mentioned that you can get a pre-fabricated sunroom for a about a third less than having one built. He also mentioned the figure of 15K. I'm not sure if this was an average, or a starting price.... This wasn't a commercial for any Vendor, or sunrooms in general, the focus of the program is ways to save money, and he thought this was the way to go if you are in the market for such a thing....

I have been toying with ways to enlarge & enhance my kitchen space and the design build firm I met with estimated a total remodel, including a bump out of 6ft by 18 ft...and most everything else except the appliances of over 90K. (87K before taxes) His estimate for the added space was almost 1/2 that cost.... So, Given that we still will need applicances and we also need to replace the flooring in the rest of the place we have decided that plan was more than we could spend.

I had previously considered putting a sunroom off the kitchen & dining nook, put the everyday table out there, expand the utilitarian part of the kitchen into the nook space... but my husband informed me that were just as expensive to build as the finished expansion. I'm confused and although I don't want to get my hopes up, I am thinking if this is true, maybe I CAN afford to re-do the kitchen AND have added space...

So, if you have one and wouldn't mind sharing your costs & experiences, it might help me decide if I should persue this avenue..... Any info you have is appreciated!

Jan

Comments (12)